Interstud Scholarship Support
The main aim of the INTERSTUD project is to provide talented foreign students with quality education together with financial support in the form of scholarship. The project focuses primarily on students from socioeconomically disadvantaged environment and students with special needs who will receive extraordinary scholarships during the standard period of their studies. This scholarship support is intended for students who will apply for a full time study programme taught in the Czech language. The project is open to applicants from all over the world.
The project is included in the institutional plan of UWB to support international cooperation in higher education.
For Obtaining the Interstud Scholarship Support you have to have
- completed secondary education (applicants for the bachelor study programme) or a bachelor degree (applicants for the follow-up master study programme)
- excellent study results
- documentation (certificate) of the Czech language examination at the minimum B1 level
- documentation of entitlement to social support or expert report from diagnostic examination
The scholarships are intended only for students applying for the entire study programme (bachelor or master) taught in the Czech language and are paid to the faculties participating in the project:
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Ladislav Sutnar Faculty of Design and Art (applicants are subject to the conditions of admission procedure announced by the Faculty of Design and Art)
Applicants for the INTERSTUD project are registered through an online application form "Application for the interstud project", accessible from November 1, 2023 to February 29, 2024 on the UWB International Office webpage.
The completed and printed electronic form "Application for the interstud project" will be sent by the applicant together with the required documents to the address of the INTERSTUD project coordinator (Západočeská univerzita, International Office – Jana Jánská Lonská, Univerzitní 8, 301 00) by March 7, 2024. The attached documents must be officially certified copies translated into Czech or English.
Received applications including required and attached documents will be subject to a formal check done by the International Office which together with the proposal for granting the scholarship will forward it to the particular faculty. Subsequently the faculties will decide on inclusion or non-inclusion of the applicant. The applicants will be informed no later than September of the forthcoming academic year.
The selected applicants will fill in the electronic application for the study at UWB and pay the administrative fee for the admission procedure. Without fulfilling this obligation the applicant will be excluded from INTERSTUD project.
The selected applicants will follow the conditions of the announced admission procedure of the given faculty which will issue in due time a decision on admission or rejection of the student to study at UWB. The student will be enrolled for study at the standard date only if the conditions of the announced admission procedure are met (e.g. proof of validation of previous education).
Ladislav Sutnar Faculty of Design and Art has an exception to the above described selection procedure. Due to the nature of studies, the faculty chooses scholarship holders on the basis of the talent examination results.
- The student is entitled to a scholarship from September or from his/her enrollment to study, the student will receive the first scholarship payment in October at the earliest.
- The INTERSTUD scholarship support will be paid to students in the first year of their studies, in the following years the scholarship will be paid by the faculty.
- The amount of the scholarship is CZK 8,000 per month, the amount of the scholarship can be adjusted (reduced / increased) for the following semester on the basis of the faculties comments' on the achieved study results of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship may be reduced (up to 0 - respectively, the scholarship may not be awarded) based on the decision of the Faculty (usually worse study results).
- Once the scholarship has been awarded, no change in the faculty, study programme or field of study is possible.